Is the Shooter Ready?
Download and other important information
The Long Range Shooting Simulation is sold exclusively on this website. Any copies sold by anyone else on any other website, forum or gun show are not legal copies nor is the seller authorized to sell them. If you buy unauthorized copies you will not be eligible for support or updates.
The simulation works on all versions of Windows.
No longer available for MacOS due to overly strict security and permissions settings which prevent the standalone Flash player from working correctly. It will work on a virtual Windows machine such as Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, VirtualBox, Crossover or use Apple's Boot Camp. Some of these virtual machines have limited Windows capability, but exe files should work without a problem. It has been reported that it works through Parallels. Be sure you are in the Windows environment when you download. There are no future plans to develop a Mac version.
It will not work on a Surface RT. It will work on a Surface Pro.
It will not work on phones or tablets including iPADs.You can use the simulation on all of your own computers.
Distributed as a self-extracting zip file. The download will be saved to your desktop or you can change the location for the download. Once downloaded double-click the exe file which will extract folders to your desktop.
The simulation does not install on your system. It runs from a standalone Flash player which is included. Further instructions are provided in the email or web page that is sent with the links.
When your PayPal payment is complete you will be automatically directed back to the ShooterReady download link web page. You will receive links for the Windows Standard and Metric versions.
If you leave the PayPal site too soon after the payment is verified you may not be redirected to the download page. Just wait a few seconds for the redirect.
You will also be sent an email with the download links, installation instructions and troubleshooting information.
If you do not receive an email with the download links:
- Your email address associated with your PayPal account is incorrect.
- It ended up in your junk folder. Hotmail and Yahoo is known for this.
- Your ISP has your spam filter set too high and/or is filtering or blocking most emails.
- There have been bounces from the email server aim.com. Aim.com was discontinued a year ago.
- There are frequent issues with the email addresses me.com, mac.com and icloud.com (which are all icloud). Emails will bounce because the incoming server often goes down, or you will not receive them at all - they just disappear - or they go to the junk folder - please check there before complaining. If you are using one of those email addresses and do not receive replies please offer an alternative email address (such as gmail) in order for me to be able to communicate with you. It can be frustrating when I receive complaints that I am not answering emails, when I am but they are bouncing or vanishing or going to the junk folder.
The download links will expire 4 hours after your order is placed.
- If you cannot download it during that time frame, don't worry, just send me an email and I will set up new links for you to download the files when it is more convenient. Be sure to tell me when that more convenient time might be.
Please do not share the download links
- If the download logs indicate that the files have been downloaded from multiple IP addresses you will not be eligible for support or future updates.
This is a one time download. Make a back up copy and keep it in a safe place. Free back-up links can be provided only up to one year after purchase.
- While I'm pretty easy going about setting up new downloads after your hard drive crashes I can't guarantee that I will live forever.
- Since the simulation files are not installed but exist in a folder, making a back-up is easy.
Just wanted to drop a line to tell you how awesome the software is. I've been in need of a refresher because I live in a city apartment and don't get out to shoot nearly as often... this is really helping out a lot. I'm especially grateful for the metric option, being Canadian and all, and using a mil/mil scope
Byron S., Toronto, Canada